Those that are already familiar with SocialDiabetes and have followed our journey will know that we have been around for a few years now, with our fair share of ups and downs, though always moving forwards and developing as a company.
In recent months we have undergone some big changes and we are now on the brink of a new chapter. We are not just launching our new website, there is more :-). We are maturing; we have gone from adolescence to adulthood. We have a mission and a team and we are looking at the world with ambition from our beloved Barcelona.
To understand where we are today, it is important to look to our past and our future. What is SocialDiabetes exactly? We are a company obsessed with improving the lives of those with diabetes. We believe that now is the time to apply technological innovation to diabetes management and give patients the option of connecting their illness to something that we carry around with us all the time, our mobile phones. The first key step towards empowering patients and transforming their reality and healthcare as a whole.
We have been busy over the last four years. We have developed one of the most award-winning and internationally recognized platforms, we have established ourselves in the global market, we have forged business and academic partnerships and we have built a team of people that believe in our project and our mission.
However, most importantly, we have had the support of our users. Tens of thousands of people from 20 different countries today consider SocialDiabetes to be the best tool for keeping their diabetes under control. We are indebted to them and will continue working with them with more motivation and energy than ever before. Thank you!
We recently reached an important milestone on our journey. The European Commission recognized SocialDiabetes as one of the companies with the greatest potential in the health sector and has invested more than 1 million euros in our project. With this funding, we have begun a new chapter. A chapter of growth and consolidation, in which:
- We will try to be more strategic, focussing on key markets where we believe there are big opportunities for growth.
- We will develop competitive products for our corporate clients. Thanks to the projects we have undertaken until now, we have tried, tested, improved and learnt a great deal. It is now time to implement this knowledge and experience and help our clients to achieve their goals.
- We will build a multidisciplinary team, made up of people who believe in our vision and who are capable of taking SocialDiabetes to all corners of the world.
- We will continue to take steps in the digitalization of diabetes management and in the power provided by data and contextual information. We will create useful information that will help all stakeholders to take decisions.
- We will strengthen collaborations with institutions and government departments, working transparently in a way that is sensitive to the needs of the patients.
- And of course, we will remain committed to patients and to an open and universal connectivity with medical devices.
It is time to give power to people and their capacity to drive transformative change.
Would you like to join us on our journey?